Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a key FOB for my 98 Outback. All black, two buttons.

I am also looking for a variable speed intermittent wiper switch assembly.

I am also looking for the rear hatch spoiler. I don't know what it is called exactly maybe somebody knows what I'm talking about. I am hoping to find one that matches my car(burgundy).

Any of these items would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
The old Code Alarm fobs are getting to be rare as hen's teeth. Fortunately there's an aftermarket fob that will work although it has more buttons. Reasonably priced at about $16 shipped on eBay.

Please note that while it doesn't list Subaru in the application guide this will work fine for a first gen Outback up to 98. I've used them several times in the past.

NEW GM KEY KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE TRANSMITTER FOB 100C | eBay

I should have a wiper switch. $30 shipped.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a spoiler in light green. shipping is a pain though.
slight damage on front edge of driver's side shown in pic. this will easily sand out when painted.

how does $50 plus shipping sound?

I'll have to keep that one in mind, gonna wait and see if one in my color pops up first.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The old Code Alarm fobs are getting to be rare as hen's teeth. Fortunately there's an aftermarket fob that will work although it has more buttons. Reasonably priced at about $16 shipped on eBay.

Please note that while it doesn't list Subaru in the application guide this will work fine for a first gen Outback up to 98. I've used them several times in the past.

NEW GM KEY KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE TRANSMITTER FOB 100C | eBay

I should have a wiper switch. $30 shipped.
Thanks for the info on the remote!!

And does the wiper switch have the variable speed intermittent setting?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you still need a remote? I have an original Subaru remote for the 1998 Outback that I never used. I'll let you have it for $25.00 including shipping. Let me know if this works for you? :29::28:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you talking about the stock wiper stalk? I have been looking for years for one that would let me set different speeds, but have not found one that hot swaps yet. If you meed the stock switch, i may have one. If you still need a spoiler i have a spare blue one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know that variable speed intermittent wipers were an option, so yes I an looking for a stock wiper stalk with this option. I believe from what I've read it's all in the stalk. At least that's what in hoping.

I have had a few people offer spoilers, really hoping someone hasa Burgundy one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My stock stick has intermittent wipers on my 98. Its what came with the all weather pack, but it doesn't have variable speed. It has off, int, lo, and hi. I have not seen anything else that swaps in, as the Forrester and 2nd gen sticks that have variable intermittent setting that i have found all use a different connecter then ours. If you manage to find a stick that has that, that fits our wagons, please let me know what model it comes from so i can snag one too. I have been looking for a stick like that for the last 5 years as it has always driven me nuts to not have it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
98Scooby
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing