Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5XT 5MT - Deep Bronze Metallic (1 of 50 imported)
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my car in April, it was missing the little chrome piece that fits into the HVAC vent on the driver's side. If anyone is selling this vent assembly, or knows where I could find this piece, I would greatly appreciate your help. It's just one of those things that annoys me every time I get in the car. I can't imagine how it got removed in the first place. See pictures for reference:

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Looks as if the small chrome trim is not a separately listed part of the vent assembly. See: http://opposedforces.com/parts/lega...ent_interior/instrument_panel/illustration_2/

On-line dealer prices are in the $70 range for the whole vent.

Have you checked this "Classified" sub-forum to see if anyone is parting out a 05-09 Outback or Legacy (wagon or sedan)? (I wonder if the earlier models might also have the same chrome insert.)

Also, any auto recycling yards in your area, especially ones that allow DIY "pick-n-pull"? Check with them to see if they have any 05-09 Outbacks or Legacys (wagon or sedan).

The replacement vent assembly could then be installed in place of the one in your car, or perhaps the chrome part could be transferred (depending on how it's attached to the little handle).

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5XT 5MT - Deep Bronze Metallic (1 of 50 imported)
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! That's a really useful site that I'm going to keep handy. I actually did end up finding someone who is parting their car over on legacygt.com that's really close to me, so I should be getting the whole assembly for about $25.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.