Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of a weird request, but I'm looking the round motor mount plates on the bottom of the 2005+ motor mounts (Legacy, Outback, WRX, etc). These are the plates that sit between the bottom of the motor mount and cross member (see picture attached).

Somehow, the PO lost one and is causing an odd vibration. Apparently, you cannot buy these plates alone as they are normally "bonded" (glued) to the motor mount.

If anyone has a set of bad motor mounts (or even good ones for an 05-09 Outback), let me know. Need to be for the H4, H6 are different.

$15 shipped for a pair of good plates, PM me if you have a nice, low-mile set of mounts to discuss price.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 5 Speed Manual 2.5L??? H4 Outback
134 Posts
I've never seen that before. Are those fluid filled or something?

My engine mounts look like this

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,144 Posts
I know just what you are talking about. I was fooling around with making mounts, but didn't want to mess with engine/chassis resonance. I will have to check if I still have my donors. I have those plates cuts off. I might have scrapped them tho.

I think you just need a pair of the same age mounts. The plate needs to stay bonded or the vibration is still going to be there. One reason I gave up on my mounts, I didn't even trust the industrial bond from the urethane to hold up.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The motor mount still has a hard, "bottom" disc, but I think these plates are more like shields (as it has a bump to protect the rubber wing), AND it acts like a spacer for the rivet on the bottom. Without it, the rivet on the bottom is what sits on the cradle, not the whole round bottom.

And I'm not sure why Subaru changed over.. I don't think they are liquid-filled as they aren't astronomically expensive new, and they are available aftermarket. I thought about Grp N, but have read hit-miss things about increase in NVH. New OE are about $100/ea.

·
Registered
2001 5 Speed Manual 2.5L??? H4 Outback
134 Posts
I only get a slight increase in NVH with my group N trans and motor mounts.

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
869 Posts
The motor mount still has a hard, "bottom" disc, but I think these plates are more like shields (as it has a bump to protect the rubber wing), AND it acts like a spacer for the rivet on the bottom. Without it, the rivet on the bottom is what sits on the cradle, not the whole round bottom.

And I'm not sure why Subaru changed over.. I don't think they are liquid-filled as they aren't astronomically expensive new, and they are available aftermarket. I thought about Grp N, but have read hit-miss things about increase in NVH. New OE are about $100/ea.
This sounds familiar from when I put Group N motor mounts into my 03 5 speed Outback. Had to use the plates shown in this photo... does this look like what you're looking for?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This sounds familiar from when I put Group N motor mounts into my 03 5 speed Outback. Had to use the plates shown in this photo... does this look like what you're looking for?

Nope, see the attached image above. The round motor mount had a large, cast iron "plate" bonded into the upper puck. It's the lower, round, stamped steel plate I'm after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.