Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am specifically looking for one of the white 'pins' (with lack of a better term -- google research has turned up nothing) that have a ball on one end and threads on the other. They connect the mirror frame to the motors that adjust the mirror itself. I am excited to be a new member of the forum and hope I can empty a box in someones garage.... A trashed mirror would be fine as long as the parts inside are intact.
Thank you!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am specifically looking for one of the white 'pins' (with lack of a better term -- google research has turned up nothing) that have a ball on one end and threads on the other. They connect the mirror frame to the motors that adjust the mirror itself. I am excited to be a new member of the forum and hope I can empty a box in someones garage.... A trashed mirror would be fine as long as the parts inside are intact.
Thank you!
I've got a Drivers Mirror off a 2000 Legacy GT I can send you for $45. Everything works, internal parts should be the same for what you're looking for (I believe), just the mirror/frame and housing itself are smaller on the GT than Outback. Let me know...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Babiker712-
Thank you for the offer, I will keep you in mind. I was hoping to find a broken mirror with good internals that might cost less.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Babiker712-
Thank you for the offer, I will keep you in mind. I was hoping to find a broken mirror with good internals that might cost less.
It's too bad you didn't post this last year, had the broken matching from the other side but that went in the trash b/c no one wanted it. Internals were fine. That you could've had for shipping!

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
I have a trashed RH first gen mirror. On the off chance the guts are the same you can have it for the price of shipping.

. . .or I maybe could sell you a good used mirror for a reasonable price (about $20) if you tell me which side you're after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
babiker712 -- Thanks. Poor timing on my part.... What you had would have been perfect!

lockmedic -- Thank you for the offer -- Let me do some research and get back to you.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Not sure individual parts of power mirrors will be the sort of thing you'll be able to research through Google or Hollander given mirrors are sold as assemblies (save for the glass). . . but hey, I'm all for innovative solutions to broken stuff.

"research" would most likely be setting the two side by side and saying "looks like it'll fit. . . let's shove it in there and see if it works!"

I hear that's how they build cars nowadays anyway :-D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
lockmedic
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing