Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 White Outback LTD 2.5
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a sirius satellite radio kit for a 2010 outback limited.
I have a lifetime subscription from the vehicle I sold so looking to put it in my outback now so let me know what you have.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
From what I know about life time subscription, you can't do that. The "lifetime" stays with the unit, so if it was a built in car unit... it stayed with the car and technically it can't be switched to a new owner (but how would they know right?).

If it was on a portable unit you can only set it up for that unit and move it anywhere. You might not be able to switch it to an in car unit.

Check it out first. I'd hate to see you drop $200 and then not be able to use the device.

·
Registered
2010 White Outback LTD 2.5
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is the case now but I got the plan back in 2006 and it said it can be transferred up to 3 times at a fee of I believe $45 each time. I called them a few months ago to confirm when I about purchased it online. Then decided I needed the funds elsewhere..

Thanks for the heads up though as like you said it would stink to not be able to use if I had one of the non transferable plans..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.