Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to trade my manual inline 6 cylinder 4.0 liter 1997 Jeep Wrangler with 117k miles for a subaru. It's an awesome jeep with a whole lot put into it but im looking to travel and ski across the country so I need something way more gas efficent. This is no street jeep for sure, its been a wheeling jeep that i bought stock from the original owner then did all the work myself to turn this thing into a mean machine. But enough blabbing heres

what its got:
117k miles
4" rough country lift with quick disconnects
33x10.5 bf goodrich mud terrain tires
2.5 inch rough country wheel spacers
rough country steering stabilizer
slip yoke elimantor
toms woods custom cv driveshaft
half doors with soft top
spare black soft top with tints
smittybuilt xrc-8 winch with custom made winch plate
class II trailer hitch
rhinolined interior
dodge durango steering box
add-a-trunk seperator

what it doesnt have:
a radio...but it does have some nice aftermarket speakers lol

ill even throw in a cover for when it rains and all my tow chains, hooks, and straps with the jeep. i have hundreds of more pictures if you want some more shots of the jeep

Attachments

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
What sort of Outback are you looking for? "must-haves" and "prefer, but I'll take" list would be helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What sort of Outback are you looking for? "must-haves" and "prefer, but I'll take" list would be helpful.
looking for an early 2000 outback with preferably around 100 k miles and awd. also itd be pretty cool if it came with a ski rack already so i wouldnt have to buy one. also i live in berkeley heights nj

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
WANT :)

Do you want AT or MT? Cloth or leather? 4cyl or 6? All subys after about 95 are AWD so no worries there.

I could probably build you one. I buy 1st and 2nd gen outbacks with mechanical probs (usually headgaskets) and go through them and resell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WANT :)

Do you want AT or MT? Cloth or leather? 4cyl or 6? All subys after about 95 are AWD so no worries there.

I could probably build you one. I buy 1st and 2nd gen outbacks with mechanical probs (usually headgaskets) and go through them and resell.
im not sure what the at and mt stand for if you could help me out on that one(its not all terrain and mud terrain is it?) and i would definitely prefer the 6 cyl. and cloth vs leather doesnt really matter to me as long as its in good shape. are you in nj?

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
AT/MT=Auto or manual transmission. 6 cyl will limit you to leather and auto trans in 2000-2004 models unless its swapped. I have a 6 cyl squrreled away waiting for the right donor car tho.

Im not in NJ but have truck and trailer and don't mind travelling. Dont have anything I think you'd want right now but I buy outbacks every chance I get. Just sold a couple of 2001's with 150 and 165k miles, both 4cyls, one had cold weather pack (heated seats, mirrors, and windshield wiper deicer). Have one more white 2000 but its got a ton of miles (275k). Clean car and rust free just got driven a lot. I'm considering swapping in a 6cyl or 2.0 turbo (wrx engine) and making it a manual trans as it would be tough to sell like it sits even if i went throug the whole car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AT/MT=Auto or manual transmission. 6 cyl will limit you to leather and auto trans in 2000-2004 models unless its swapped. I have a 6 cyl squrreled away waiting for the right donor car tho.

Im not in NJ but have truck and trailer and don't mind travelling. Dont have anything I think you'd want right now but I buy outbacks every chance I get. Just sold a couple of 2001's with 150 and 165k miles, both 4cyls, one had cold weather pack (heated seats, mirrors, and windshield wiper deicer). Have one more white 2000 but its got a ton of miles (275k). Clean car and rust free just got driven a lot. I'm considering swapping in a 6cyl or 2.0 turbo (wrx engine) and making it a manual trans as it would be tough to sell like it sits even if i went throug the whole car.
after looking more into it i realized i dont really need a 6 cyl and 4 cyl would be more fitting for me. i would prefer a mt but at will work just fine if its all ya can find. keep in touch and if you find something you think id be interested in definitely let me know. I have my jeep up on craigslist and jeep forum as well so it might sell before you find something but definitely keep in touch like i said

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
What's your asking price for the jeep?

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
Pretty reasonable. You looking to trade straight across if something comes up you like, or looking for a little boot?

Sold the 2001 I had with heated seats and 155k for $5000. The 2000 with 165k and no heated seats went for $4500. Both had new headgaskets, timing belt and everything it touches (water pump, idlers, tensioner), oil seals, valve cover gaskets, new tires, brakes, and new axle boots and steering rack boots. That's about the range I'd ask for a car in that shape. Hard to find many 2nd gen outbacks with under 100k but they're out there. Really after 100k it's all about what's been done *recently* as far as maintenance goes because they're due for at least a timing belt at 105k.

Anyway, If I come up with something I think you might be interested in I'll hit you up. My email is in my sig, drop me a line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty reasonable. You looking to trade straight across if something comes up you like, or looking for a little boot?

Sold the 2001 I had with heated seats and 155k for $5000. The 2000 with 165k and no heated seats went for $4500. Both had new headgaskets, timing belt and everything it touches (water pump, idlers, tensioner), oil seals, valve cover gaskets, new tires, brakes, and new axle boots and steering rack boots. That's about the range I'd ask for a car in that shape. Hard to find many 2nd gen outbacks with under 100k but they're out there. Really after 100k it's all about what's been done *recently* as far as maintenance goes because they're due for at least a timing belt at 105k.

Anyway, If I come up with something I think you might be interested in I'll hit you up. My email is in my sig, drop me a line.
id look for alittle cash depending on the specific vehicle and its specs. but if you were to drive up from tennessee like your profile says id lower that cash down to around 750ish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.