Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
33 Posts
Assuming it works like my '14 Forester did, I used X-Mode primarily to descend a short steep hill with a turn at the bottom that leads to my house. I only bother when it's icy or snowy. It does a MUCH better job than I could do to keep my speed in check without locking the brakes, even with ABS. I just don't see a need when I've got good traction. Might make sense for dirt road descents.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
33 Posts
What do you mean, about being on my own? Does applying the brakes while in X-Mode do something to it?
On my '14 Forester, if I hit the brakes then XMode stopped controlling the speed, even after I took my foot off the brakes.
Try it out on your car in good conditions, so you know how it will behave when you need it. I haven't yet fully tested my Wilderness yet to see if it behaves like my Fozzie did, but I will.

I have a steep hill to navigate to get home from anywhere. X-Mode was a huge selling point when I got my Forester, and was still one for my Outback. Maybe it's more prevalent in other AWDs than I think, but I trust Subaru's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts