Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

My wife and I just purchased a used 2018 OB 2.5i Limited. Unfortunately it didn't have the user manuals (they're on order from the dealer). So, I downloaded the PDF so that I could read up on the ins-and-outs of this very fine vehicle.

The one thing that I can't get to work is the X-Mode. I press the button and there is no sound or indicator. I've tried it in Park and Drive (foot on and off the brake). Also tried turning it on while rolling. Still nothing. So my thought is that there's a problem. However, I can't easily find anything that could point me in the right direction as to what the problem might be. The dealer is over an hour away and I'd like to know more about this before going back to get the items that are 'owed' (like the manuals, cargo cover, and tow hitch).

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Ted

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Greetings!

My wife and I just purchased a used 2018 OB 2.5i Limited. Unfortunately it didn't have the user manuals (they're on order from the dealer). So, I downloaded the PDF so that I could read up on the ins-and-outs of this very fine vehicle.

The one thing that I can't get to work is the X-Mode. I press the button and there is no sound or indicator. I've tried it in Park and Drive (foot on and off the brake). Also tried turning it on while rolling. Still nothing. So my thought is that there's a problem. However, I can't easily find anything that could point me in the right direction as to what the problem might be. The dealer is over an hour away and I'd like to know more about this before going back to get the items that are 'owed' (like the manuals, cargo cover, and tow hitch).

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Ted
When it’s activated, the icon on the dash display is very small. And it’s not the brightest illuminated thing there either.

So, ni icon appears/disappears when you press the x-mode button?

There are a few conditions that would prevent it from turning on, but those also have warning lights on the dash (AT oil temp, ABS, VDC warning, Check Engine light).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm almost certain that the icon is not on but will double-check. Tried it at night and during the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts