Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why? Frustrating when my wife drives my car. The Bluetooth works, just not my XM.

Beary

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
315 Posts
Is your XM coming through the car's HU or through an all-access subscription running off your phone?

I have an XM subscription on the car's head unit, and it works fine with Android Auto working from my phone, and worked fine with my son's iPhone connected and CarPlay being activated.

But if your XM source is coming from your phone (rather than the HU) because, for example, you run XM from your all access subscription from your phone rather than the HU, that mat be an issue (and may be an issue that is easily solvable).

EDIT: Is your wife's phone plugged into a USB port, or is it connected by Bluetooth? Is your phone actively connected via Bluetooth while your wife is driving and her phone connected (via Bluetooth or USB)? Need details on the connections.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
971 Posts
Why? Frustrating when my wife drives my car. The Bluetooth works, just not my XM.

Beary
What year and trim? My 2018 has no problem with my iPhone 6S, either via Bluetooth or using CarPlay. SiriusXM works just fine in either case.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Simple solution is to not let your wife drive your car...............>:)

Reactions: Yoda_One
1 - 4 of 4 Posts