Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving from ME to MA the other day (Southbound on I-95), and I heard "Traffic Jam Ahead", and saw a little yellow sign icon with an exclamation point. Cool, it's telling me about traffic! I click the icon, and I see 1 "Significant Event": "Traffic Flowing Freely". Huh. Why is "Traffic Flowing Freely" an event? Isn't that the default? Why tell me about a traffic jam and then tell me that traffic is flowing freely. I click for more details. Huh. The event is in 0ft, and it's on 95 NB. I've been going SB for over an hour and the navigation is directing me South. But it felt that it was important to tell me about Northbound traffic.

Glad it's a free trial! I certainly wouldn't pay for this "service". In fact, I wonder if it's possible to turn it off - being told about traffic jams when none exist is more harm than good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I usually use the "visual" method of informing me there is a traffic jamb ahead.
Seriously though, the 24/7 AM radio news talk station that has traffic reports every 10 minutes works ok too.
That would be KCBS in the SF Bay Area.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually use the "visual" method of informing me there is a traffic jamb ahead.
Seriously though, the 24/7 AM radio news talk station that has traffic reports every 10 minutes works ok too.
That would be KCBS in the SF Bay Area.
Yeah, I'm not generally concerned with traffic alerts. Most of the time I'm still going to drive anyway. I just thought it was hilarious that they charge for a service that doesn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
SubOut13
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing