Subaru Outback Forums banner

XM: Your 2013 Outback has no Traffic Nav

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  djz 
#1 ·
When I took delivery of my Outback, Traffic nav *WAS* working.

A couple days later, nothing. Hasn't worked since. In another thread I posted about calling SOA and they said XM said would take 7-10 days.

So, I had reason to call XM about the receiver in my F-150. So I inquire about traffic nav issue in my OB.

They had record of reviewing my Outback from when SOA called.

"Your unit is not equipped with traffic nav." is now what XM is telling me. Also, SOA is only paying for traffic nav demos for 2 other models. Not the OB. I ask if I can subscribe now to traffic nav and that's when they give me the line about the unit not being properly equipped.

Window sticker, and my experience say otherwise.

Unfortunately, SOA is closed today. But I'll sure be in touch with them and my dealer tomorrow.

#2 ·
#5 ·
Yeah, so far it isn't happening, Harvey. SOA called me back again today. "XM Says your radio doesn't support traffic nav".

So I called to speak with the lady who called. Wasn't in. So I spoke with a supervisor who is going to research it.

In the meantime, I sent up a note to customer@subaru.com with a picture of my window sticker and a shot of the screen showing traffic receiver.

I also told them (politely) that if they can't get this working then I expect the proper hardware to be fitted to my Outback, or SOA is buying this thing back from me and I'll go buy an Edge. Or something.

We'll see how that goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.