Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i SAP Limited
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new Outback owner, I have a question regarding switching between my XM presets. I LOVE having XM radio, and I have filled up all 18 presets (6 on each of the 3 XM screens). The only frustrating thing is that if I want to go from preset 6 on XM1 to preset 1 on XM2, I have to leave the steering wheel controls and select the Sat button on the Nav screen. Same to go from XM2 to XM3, and so on.

I know this sounds trivial, but I would really like to be able to go from XM1 to XM2 to XM3 simply by pressing the Mode button on the steering wheel. Especially if I am on the Nav map screen, I need to keep bringing it back to Audio mode, then select Sat each time I want to go to a separate XM preset screen.

It really hit home for me when I took my wife's 2011 Toyota Sienna out today, and her Mode button on the steering wheel does support moving between the 3 XM preset screens.

I searched the Outback manual, but could not find a customizable setting to be able to do this. Thought I would just throw this out there and see if anyone is aware of a way to do it? I have a 2013 Limited with Nav. Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
3 Posts
I have same issue, but no solution as of yet.

One other pet-peeve about the SAT radio is losing the whatever preset I was on in XM2 or XM3 each time I restart the car. If I turn the car off what listening to XM2 or XM3, I'm on that preset when I restart the car. However, if on XM1 or any other function when I turn the car off, switching to XM2 defaults to channel 44 and XM 3 defaults to channel 29.

My problem with this is that channel 44 is very urban and completely unfiltered for language, etc. NOT GOOD with kids is the car.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
mdewberry, You can use voice commands to change modes. XM1-XM2-XM3.

riversm, Mine defaults to the last channel listened to on each of the XM modes same as FM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Riversm - Did you figure out how to fix this problem? I am having the same issue with my 2014 Outback. Channel 44 really is not appropriate for my child..... Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mdewberry, You can use voice commands to change modes. XM1-XM2-XM3.

riversm, Mine defaults to the last channel listened to on each of the XM modes same as FM.
My 2013 Outback w/Nav defaults to channel 44 also, except it does it with XM2 only! XM1 and XM3 default to last channel used. XM2 will always go back to channel 44 once the ignition is turned off. Channel 44 is disgusting, you can be sure that pretty foul language will be heard before it can be retuned! I'd really like to change this audio behavior.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
I need to revise my answer. Mine will remember the channel I was on no matter what band. Whichever the other two bands that are left will revert to:

XM1=chan 8
XM2=chan 44
XM3=chan 29

Both 29+44 are not anything I would ever listen to and might be offensive to some. Either remember the last channel on each band or revert to a preset because those two defaults are miserable.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5i
161 Posts
I need to revise my answer. Mine will remember the channel I was on no matter what band. Whichever the other two bands that are left will revert to:

XM1=chan 8
XM2=chan 44
XM3=chan 29

Both 29+44 are not anything I would ever listen to and might be offensive to some. Either remember the last channel on each band or revert to a preset because those two defaults are miserable.
Anyone find a fix for this default? Poor design if we have to live with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts