Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9:38 AM, received a email from Subaru to reminder me that I should be close to first Oil Change.

6:00 PM, got out of office stepped into my 2013 OB Limited. Without any warning, Engine light was on. Brake light was flashing - Money for Xmas tree and lights was saved. But I wasn't happy

8:30 PM, car towed to dealer's parking yard, courtesy of Subaru Roadside Assistance.

Now wife is traveling and dealer service department has closed. All leaves me no vehicle to go to work tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
The dealer will read the code. Sometimes it's something simple like the gas cap not being seated properly. It's happened several times around here.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got a cheapo scantool for that exact thing. I was coming home from a 2000 mile roadtrip this past summer and out of the blue my dash lit up like a xmas tree, cruise control disabled. I was freaking out big time.. not quite 6500 miles on the clock, a Sunday evening, 200 miles from home, trailer in tow.

Spent a good 20 minutes internet searching on my phone and the gas cap thing was the most common answer.. Decided to limp the car home, took it to the dealer the next day.. 5 minutes later tech says, gas cap, reset, life goes on. Hasn't done it since but I'm ready now.

Best of luck, hopefully it's something simple too. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
General rule - if the CEL is solid, you can keep driving, but bring it in as soon as practical. If the CEL is blinking, stop driving as soon as you safely can and have it towed in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
Georgeh
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing