1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All:

XRT is offering Christmas 2014 Tunings specials as follows:-

• Special will run to the end of December 2014
  • NA tuning cost: $220USD
  • Turbo tuning cost: $275 - Stage 1
  • Full tuning incl. indirect automatic transmission tuning for Automatic cars

Please remember you will need the Tactrix Openport 2.0 Cable and a windows laptop - if possible.

For more information, please read the following link thoroughly.
Xtreme Racing Tuning ? View topic - Tuning by Xtreme Racing Tuning (XRT)

Please email me (not pm) if you are interested and want to lock in this special.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,433 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
185 Posts
Can you tune a 2013 Outback 3.6R with the 5EAT? I would love to make that car more responsive. I am also going to be looking for a local shop to fabricate a custom full dual exhaust. Might look into an intake kit, at least for the less-restrictive piping (not super keen on changing the air filter itself, just want a smoother and less cluttered intake tube). Obviously, tuning would be advantageous to take full advantage of any physical mods, and a more responsive transmission would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello everyone,

As I continue to bring tunes to finalisation, I now have more time on my hands to attend to all, offering the good customer service.

Please do not hesitate in email me any of your queries.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Okay I'm definitely going to do this before the end of the year. Few Q's: my 05 xt has 190k on it. The heads had a full valve job and all exhaust valves replaced at 180k. Is there anything I should do to it or make sure to do before getting a tune to make sure its a yearly candidate?

·
Premium Member
2016 3.6R in Lapis Blue - Flood loss. 2020 Ascent Touring in Magnetite Grey metallic
315 Posts
Sounds like it's time to commit ;)

Just ordered my Tactrix cable . . . will let you know when I get it, and get some direction for the next step.

Will be looking to tune my 2008 3.0R LLB, and the 5EAT as well . . .

Cheers'

Dan

·
Premium Member
2016 3.6R in Lapis Blue - Flood loss. 2020 Ascent Touring in Magnetite Grey metallic
315 Posts
Finally committed to getting an e-tune . . .

Just wanted to pass on a quick update - I've spent the last week or so finally having my '08 3.0R e-tuned by XRT - and WOW!!!!

I've provided a 'pre-review' of the work so far here . . . but just wanted to pass on that Edward is great to deal with, he responds to emails promptly, has a genuinely professional work ethic, and he is a genius with ECU tuning.

This is an e-tuning deal worth every penny I spent!!

Cheers'

Dan

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback LL Bean 3.0 H6 - 1989 Range Rover Classic
312 Posts
Also just ordered the tactrix cable. Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend to play with all the software - then I'll be contacting you Ed. Looking forward to enjoying what everyone is describing.

Got a 3.0R with the 5EAT and would love to unleash some of its potential, and to get rid of that dreaded lag...hopefully after turning a low speed corner and then pressing the gas as I come out of it, I'll actually go, instead of the sound of crickets.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds good. Finalising some tunes now. Everyone has been great, but just a few little maintenance issues.

Will look forward to you and your 5eat.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
v0

Hi Ed - thanks for the fast turnaround! I was really tempted to try v0 last night when you sent it, but decided to wait until this morning. I'm hoping its not in my head, but the car feels much different now - I feel like I already got my money's worth! But don't let that stop you.

In manual mode, I feel like there is much more instant throttle response. Press the gas and things start happening. Its nice. A little more get up and go at the lower RPMs. Gear changes happen a bit faster than I remember, so that is good too.

I didn't get a chance to drive too much in auto mode - but when I did, it seemed more lively as well. There were a couple of odd gear changes, but I'll have to take note of that better next time.

Overall, very happy with this. Given my car feels like this based just on v0, I can't wait to get the rest of it squared away. You've got my new logs and notes, look forward to more roms.

Thanks!!!

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,433 Posts
Hi Ed - thanks for the fast turnaround! I was really tempted to try v0 last night when you sent it, but decided to wait until this morning. I'm hoping its not in my head, but the car feels much different now - I feel like I already got my money's worth! But don't let that stop you.

In manual mode, I feel like there is much more instant throttle response. Press the gas and things start happening. Its nice. A little more get up and go at the lower RPMs. Gear changes happen a bit faster than I remember, so that is good too.

I didn't get a chance to drive too much in auto mode - but when I did, it seemed more lively as well. There were a couple of odd gear changes, but I'll have to take note of that better next time.

Overall, very happy with this. Given my car feels like this based just on v0, I can't wait to get the rest of it squared away. You've got my new logs and notes, look forward to more roms.

Thanks!!!

It's not in your head, Brother. It is for real. Drive By Wire. Ride the lightning. XRT Style.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
It's not in your head, Brother. It is for real. Drive By Wire. Ride the lightning. XRT Style.

Ha. Love it.

Just simply having better throttle response makes it feel like its got more torque/power regardless if Ed actually changed anything to affect those.

I think you might have said it in a thread, but I can see why getting that 5EAT to "cooperate" is a huge part of the improvement.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited SAP, 2014 Subaru Forester XT Touring
23 Posts
Do you tune on the cvt's at all? I have a 13 outback 2.5i and a 14 forester XT. I've been curious what kind of gains can be had on these. Naturally the turbo will probably benefit more than the na but I'm wondering if there are much improvements to be had on the na.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes. But we had some issues in the past logging them. Pull the rom and let me see if support and also try and see if you can log them.

Yes there are gains, but not as much as a turbo car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.