Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new subie owner here
Just bought an 05 outback xt Manuel.
Is there any type of catalogues like lmc or websites that that specialize each generation and model.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,859 Posts
moved thread and updated title.

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,233 Posts
Hahaha.

Every single thing that fits an LGT works. About 80% of your WRX bits work.

D*mn...do your research or just google turbo Subaru....

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,859 Posts
Hahaha.

Every single thing that fits an LGT works. About 80% of your WRX bits work.

D*mn...do your research or just google turbo Subaru....
....and you have tried some of the 20% of WRX things that don't work. :blingblin

and then started manufacturing your own. :smile2:

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,233 Posts
....and you have tried some of the 20% of WRX things that don't work. :blingblin

and then started manufacturing your own. :smile2:
Nope,

If you know chassis and engine codes when ordering...then in theory. If all fits

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,859 Posts
Nope,

If you know chassis and engine codes when ordering...then in theory. If all fits
some blue intake thingy? looked like a blue ulcerated stomach.

along the lines of some things being 2005 XT and LGT only, and 2006 XT and LGT only,

but such a thing did fit,...and work poorly,...

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,233 Posts
some blue intake thingy? looked like a blue ulcerated stomach.

along the lines of some things being 2005 XT and LGT only, and 2006 XT and LGT only,

but such a thing did fit,...and work poorly,...
I made that Myself.

And it functioned 100%

·
Registered
516 Posts
Everything works. Just not on the first try. Except GD WRX Sedan front swaybars. They just dont.

Anybody wanna buy one?

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,233 Posts
Everything works. Just not on the first try. Except GD WRX Sedan front swaybars. They just dont.

Anybody wanna buy one?
So why won't it fit?, what year is the WRX, What is a GD WRX? It should have the same front cross member.

·
Registered
516 Posts
GD is 02-07. The sedan had a wider front track than the wagons and legacy. The bar itself is 1.5" too wide

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,859 Posts

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,233 Posts

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,859 Posts
Yeah, over color choice, not fittment. And I made the blue one I had work in the aesthetic, at least for me.
and in that post I linked, you typed out what WRX shares XT type parts when I asked,...(presumably those with EJ255/7 engines vs. EJ20)

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,233 Posts
So what funny. I still have some of those stock parts, but all of the aftermarket good bits. The Boost controller and BOV are on Cherry.

·
Registered
516 Posts
and in that post I linked, you typed out what WRX shares XT type parts when I asked,...(presumably those with EJ255/7 engines vs. EJ20)
2008+ WRX and Impreza were built on the legacy platform and do share parts. Before that Impreza and Legacy were different platforms. And sedan and wagon WRX had different front track widths too. Subaru got unnecessarily stupid those years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts