Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone comment as to the differences in long term reliability between the XT and VDC engines?

Thanks,
-fedak

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
The 3.0R VDC engine has been in use in some countries now for over a year, so it has that bit of extra experience going for it. Apart from that there's the general thing with turbo motors being more highly stressed and maybe not lasting as long. I know there must be SOME reason why many leasing companies won't touch turbo versions.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
04 outback 3.0R
93 Posts
Dont forget the XT engine is the same mill as the XT forester and it has been available in Aus long before the 3.0R was released these engines to my knowledge have no known faults

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
jimmbo said:
Dont forget the XT engine is the same mill as the XT forester and it has been available in Aus long before the 3.0R was released these engines to my knowledge have no known faults
Well I'm not sure how related the engines are. SOA don't list the internal dimensions of the engine to compare with the Subaru Australia site, certainly the power is 155kW for the Forester XT and 180kW for the Outback XT, so even if the same internals it's going to be more stressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts