Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting some service work done at the dealership this morning when I saw the XV Crosstrek for the first time. I didn't even know Subaru came out with a new car. What does everyone else think about this car? Looks like a compact Outback in a way.

·
Registered
714 Posts
If they ship that thing with a turbo, I might not have to ask my XT to reach for immortality.
Yeah. I've been thinking this also. I guess the 2.0L is just something we'll all have to get used to the idea of -- but (maybe next year) what's needed is force-air and a better transmission. Why oh why isn't Subaru going the DSG route in stead of that super slushy CVT? HPH

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was going to test drive one last week when I was having my remote start installed (girlfriend is thinking of getting one) but they are flying off the lot faster then they can get them in SLC, UT. They arent discounting them at all.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Yeah. I've been thinking this also. I guess the 2.0L is just something we'll all have to get used to the idea of -- but (maybe next year) what's needed is force-air and a better transmission. Why oh why isn't Subaru going the DSG route in stead of that super slushy CVT? HPH
DSC is old tech - with high tech shifting mechanism which is not known for being highly dependable in vehicles which might be towing or otherwise hauling a decent load.

Not to mention a DSC AT still suffers the same issue a normal AT has - limited set of gears to choose from. CVT is no sports car AT but for a wagon on stilts it does a pretty good job.

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
I was going to test drive one last week when I was having my remote start installed (girlfriend is thinking of getting one) but they are flying off the lot faster then they can get them in SLC, UT. They arent discounting them at all.
Last time I visited the big dealer in Allentown PA they said they didn't even have a demo model- no trouble selling their entire allotment without one, so why bother? I like that, because it keeps their overhead a notch lower.

·
Registered
31 Posts
During my search for my Outback only one dealership had one on the lot and it had a big sold sign on it. The salesman said they get sold before it actually arrives at the dealer. I really like the look of them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It'll be the right choice in 3 years after the kinks are worked out and the dealers are more willing to play ball.

My choice was between a XV @ sticker plus 300 doc fee or a 28K msrp outback w/ all weather package for 25k. The decision was easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
misfitmonroe
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing