Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
09 OBXT LTD MT
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering to do yellow foglights do most people just buy vinyl and overlay the clear plastic?

·
Registered
2010 OBW limited 2.5 CVT
1,602 Posts
Some do that. Others use stained glass paint from the hoby store.

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Outback 3.09R LLBean with 225/55-17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires
3 Posts
Yellow Fog Lamps are unnecessary

Yellow fog lamps aren't used nowadays except for a retro look. All modern fog lamps use white light.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium CVT AWP W/MR IceSilver
8 Posts
here are some pictures of my 2013 Outback with the help of my brother we installed a high quality vinyl on my fog lights making them Yellow Mustard... they look AWESOME IMO!!

·
Registered
'99 Outback/ '99 GSX 600f
103 Posts
mine are from napa auto parts... couldn't pass it up for $25 they look great imo but are strictly white light with a reflective yellow housing, as sllso stated... for "showzees"
cocos bike 022.JPG summer 2012 101.JPG 124.JPG summer 2012 103.JPG

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Looks like the Lamin-X covers for the Gen2 fogs are $17.95. I might just have to do that!

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
they have sets of laminate on ebay for like $8. from 3" up to like 8"

i must strongly disagree with yellow fogs are only for retro looks. for one, I've always been too stubborn to follow the crowd ;) . for two, for those of us that get snow in the winter they are absolutely AMAZING! see every little bump in the snow. also they heighten the visibility of road lines in dry or wet conditions as well because yellow is a contrasting color (why most aviator sunglasses are yellow/amber) just my 2 cents. i am WAY pro yellow fogs!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium CVT AWP W/MR IceSilver
8 Posts
they have sets of laminate on ebay for like $8. From 3" up to like 8"

i must strongly disagree with yellow fogs are only for retro looks. For one, i've always been too stubborn to follow the crowd ;) . For two, for those of us that get snow in the winter they are absolutely amazing! See every little bump in the snow. Also they heighten the visibility of road lines in dry or wet conditions as well because yellow is a contrasting color (why most aviator sunglasses are yellow/amber) just my 2 cents. I am way pro yellow fogs!

agree!!!:29:

·
Registered
01 Outback base
195 Posts
Whats the point of it? does that light help with any situation. i heard once that it is supposed to reduce glare on snow.

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
the point is just that. it heightens contrast. its actually an optical science theory. for example people with macular degeneration will generally wear blue blocker sunglasses (they look yellow) in the day and it helps to enhance the look of street lights even.

now for us subaru'rs it enhances the road in front of you (or however far your fogs shine) in literally any scenario. on-road, off-road, wet, dry, snow, fog, etc. i immediately noticed that even faded road lines show up VERY well. its a very comforting feeling to me.

in a word, just amazing.

·
Registered
2002 Outback VDC H6
431 Posts
I used Rvinyl. Hate the look against my paint color, bulb just burned so I'm going to pull them and use yellow bulbs. To each their own

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
I tinted my fog lights recently with yellow Krylon stained glass paint, and then installed 40 mill Lamin-X Film on top to protect them, looks great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts