Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I have been looking at Outbacks since the late 90s, but I never actually got serious about it until now.

My current car, a 2004 Volvo V70 with 370,000 km, while still being in good mechanical shape, is starting to rust and has minor, but annoying issues to fix that will cost more than the car is worth. While I have no real need to buy an new car at this time (the old girl still has lots of live in her), my mother-in-law has recently given up driving, leaving us with the chauffeur duties. My wife`s F150 is way too tall and my Volvo is much too low for my mother-in-law to get in and out of, so we decided to look for something more suitable.

So, as of a couple of days ago, I became the proud owner of a "new to me" grey 2017 Outback 3.6R Limited. The Outback is high enough, but not too high for her to get in and out off, which makes her very happy. The heated back seats just sealed the deal! Of course, I like it too!

I purchased it from the local Subaru Dealer (Fenwick Subaru in Sarnia Ontario). The car has just over 85,000 kms on it and appears to have been used as a company car by its original owner. To the best of my knowledge, all of the items listed under the 80K km service were done by the dealer, prior to having delivered the vehicle to me. I am now working my way through the 600+ page Owners Manual to try and learn all of the special features of the car.

The car was delivered with snow tires, so I will have to be buying a new set of all seasons shortly. I am hoping to find a set of OEM rims to fit so I don't have to remount tires twice a year. There doesn't seem to be much available within a reasonable driving distance of me. If anyone has a set, I would be interested in knowing. I live right on the Canadian / US border, so I no issues with buying things out of the States

The other addition will be trailer hitch. I have already looked at the OEM hitch and decided that it is not what I want because of the smaller receiver, so I will be looking for a decent quality hitch with a 2`receiver. I have already been lurking in the trailer hitch section, but if anyone has any specific advice to offer, it would be appreciated.

I tend to do a lot of my own maintenance and intend to be a hands on owner.

Thanks for allowing me to join.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
201 Posts
Welcome. I wish I hadn't got the small hitch. I am looking at one of these stealth that let you remove the receiver when not needed. Good luck with your OB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts