Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium Dark Grey 4 cyl
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '20 Outback came with the GT's. I know nothing of this type of tire. Tirerack had very few reviews on it. Anyone have any luck with this tire in rain and snow?

So far my driving has been in dry conditions and done fine.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited, Titanium & Magnetite Grays
456 Posts
Appears my upcoming Yosemite snow trip has been canceled due to a virus. I will let you know my experience next season.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium Dark Grey 4 cyl
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appears my upcoming Yosemite snow trip has been canceled due to a virus. I will let you know my experience next season.
Thought the Outback was immune to it. That sucks, but probably for the best anyway. I'm sure you'll get to go next season.

·
Registered
2020 Limted XT Black/Ivory
324 Posts
Way better than the duelers that came on the 18. First snow storm with that, I immediately ordered snow tires. I bought this one so late in the year that I didn’t bother swapping the snows on. We’ve had a few storms and they have been fine.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,168 Posts
So far, I've been perfectly happy with them in 5K mi of my mixed driving in dry, wet , sand, dirt, snow and ice conditions (Although snow and ice have been somewhat rare this winter around here.) I have not slipped once under ANY conditions (including some super slick iced up hills) . Pretty quite on the highway for a M&S rated tire too. I think Subaru made a good pick for general use of our OB's. Now lets see how they wear....

·
Registered
Onyx
73 Posts
I've had these in the snow quite a bit (snowing right now in fact). I've found them worse than average in the snow for an AS tire but not terrible; I haven't gotten stuck or had any near death moments and I've been in some slippery gunk. I'll be switching to true snow tires next winter.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, in Crystal White Pearl
788 Posts
I'm OK with the Avid GT's, although when I need a new set I'm almost certainly going to get something different. I've been happy with other Yoko models on other cars, and might go with the Avid Ascend GT, which is a different tire, despite the similar name. I was also quite happy with the various models of Conti tires that I used on my old 2010 OB, over 224,000 miles. (They had confusingly similar names, like ContiProContact, TruContact, PureContact, etc, which I don't recall at present. But they all drove quite well, were especially good in the rain, and all lasted for at least 60k miles.)

By the time I need tires, there will probably be something else out there that looks good.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium
89 Posts
Not impressed with them in the snow. With a heavy wet snow they were pretty slippery. I'd say pretty mediocre compared to all-season tires, especially compared to other OEM tires. I've had some all-season tires (not OEM) that were reasonable in the snow and the Avid GT doesn't compare well with those. Not even in the same league as real snow tires.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
1,994 Posts
Not impressed with them in the snow. With a heavy wet snow they were pretty slippery. I'd say pretty mediocre compared to all-season tires, especially compared to other OEM tires. I've had some all-season tires (not OEM) that were reasonable in the snow and the Avid GT doesn't compare well with those. Not even in the same league as real snow tires.
Yup. The stock tires pretty worthless in snow, even compared to my favorite all season tires for snow, the Conti DWS06. Only thing that helped me not get stuck is the superb Subaru AWD system despite the tires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had my 2020 Outback since Saturday, and where I live its pretty much been raining the whole time (and before I purchased it). I can't rate how they do in the snow, but the AVID GTs seem to do quite well in the rain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts