Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i auto. 202k miles and running well.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My mother just purchased a 2020 Outback Limited to replace her 220k mile 07 Outback. The car came with Yokohama Avid GT tires and I cannot find any information on these, partially because Yokahoma makes another tire called the Avid Ascend GT which is making "Avid GT" impossible to Google!

We are considering getting winter tires if these tires are not superior in the snow but I cannot find any reviews or details on the tire, Yokohama doesn't even have them on their website. Any details appreciated!

·
Registered
'20 Outback Onyx XT AGM/'04 Forester XT
233 Posts
You can find it on Tire Rack and there is one review from a Corolla. Yes, different tire and based on the specs and the one review the Ascend GT is probably a much better tire.

Treadwear is 400 and traction is B.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6
148 Posts
Seems like the mind set is, stock = POS. Why would the manufacturer' put good tires on in the first place? They could put top of the line Michelins everyone raves about. If they were stock = POS, change em out first week. Bridgestone duellers would be hot. Just my observation and YRMV.

·
Registered
53 Posts
POS! Just pulled mine off a new 2020 limited. Tires weigh 26 pounds, what does that tell you? Lightweight junk to save MPG. Bad reviews all over the net.
Upgraded rims and tires (Yokohama Geolander AT's. The Ascends are much better as they are a few pounds heavier and are better in rain and snow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
..... 2020 Outback Limited .....with Yokohama Avid GT tires and I cannot find any information.....
I found the same thing: NO INFO!
And very little discussion on the stock tires here on this site.
Odd indeed.

Btw, I also have a 2018 OB and as to the stock Bridgestone Duellers.... Wasn't wild about them though hard to pin down why.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They put lightweight, thin walled tires on these new cars. Most people just replace them with a quality all season or AT tire. I went with the Yokohama Geolanders

·
Registered
13 Posts
They put lightweight, thin walled tires on these new cars. Most people just replace them with a quality all season or AT tire. I went with the Yokohama Geolanders
The tire that intrigues me (for an Outback) is the Michelin Cross-Climate...little talk about it....(maybe because only easily-found source I've found is Tire Rack?)

·
Registered
'20 Outback Onyx XT AGM/'04 Forester XT
233 Posts
The tire that intrigues me (for an Outback) is the Michelin Cross-Climate...little talk about it....(maybe because only easily-found source I've found is Tire Rack?)
If I don’t go with an A/T like the Wildpeak Trail or the Geolander G015 (available in 225/60/18 around the end of the year), I’ll probably go with the CrossClimate SUV.

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i auto. 202k miles and running well.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tips everyone. Interesting, I had never thought about the weight of the tire. So far no one has put in a good word for these OEM tires.

I think it is nice that Subaru puts right in the owners manual that the driver should consider winter specific tires. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts