Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being an avid railfan, I was out this morning to catch a few pictures and video of the Ringling Bros & Barnum & Bailey Circus Train - Red Unit which passed through the Lehigh Valley (Bethlehem, Pa.) area on it's way to Newark, NJ.

(For the rail guys here) The RBBX Circus Train - NS-O46 - on the NS Lehigh Line on February 26, 2013 at Steel City, Pa.

It's the second time catching this particular train and in the rear section of the train is all the equipment and vehicles they use on flat bed rail cars..

I took this shot with a Nikon D7000, 12-24mm f/4.0 Nikkor Lens

As you can see there is a Gen3 in the Slate Gray color.. You never know where you will come across a Subaru Outback...

Steve
Bethlehem, Pa.

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For a encore, check this out.. I forgot there were "Two" Subie Stars today while shooting footage of the Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus Train this morning..

Here is a ProHD Video I shot of the Circus Train..

Be sure to watch at 1:50 into the video and you will see a Dark Grey WRX zoom by on the road, then at 1:59 watch the flatbed train cars for the Slate colored Outback go by....

One Famous Circus Train, Two Subies in one video.. Can't get better than that..

https://vimeo.com/60576923

Steve
Bethlehem, Pa.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Great Video. I have seen one (or both) of the circus trains parked more than once here at McClellan, but not moving. Thanks. Ferroequinology is one of my hobbies.

·
Registered
13 blk Outback 2.5i cvt AW package, bunch of other OEM accessories...12 blk F350 6.2 gasser 4x4...10 Goldwing red nav ...04 JD 4510 loader/bhoe
77 Posts
We have seen the RBBBCT twice in 20 years. Just happenstance, not planned so it was a nice surprise!:eek:

1st time was low speed summer time with a few open air cages with the big cats visible. Now, that was excellent!!!
2nd time was also slow speed but colder weather cages closed up but all painted the classic circus colors.

Not long ago the circus coming into town was a BIG event in itself with a parade and live animals marching down the road under the trainers eye without cages!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
The "Odd Life of Timothy Green" movie has an OB all over the place.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon
311 Posts
I just noticed the other day while watching National Treasure 2 Book of Secrets after Riley's Ferrari gets towed an outback drives past the window

1 - 8 of 8 Posts